DOHC 249cc Parallel Twin-cylinder Engine
- Compact parallel-twin design offers good mass centralization for superior handling
- Tuned to deliver smooth, step-free power with an emphasis on lowand mid-range power for rider-friendly response
- Pistons feature reinforced heads and strengthening in the pin boss area for increased durability
- Thick piston (longitudinally) rings help prevent oil consumption
- Combustion chamber design optimized to maximize combustion efficiency and reduce emissions
- Ample highrpm performance will please riders using the full range of the engine
- Intake and exhaust ports contribute to good off-idle response and smooth power delivery
- Valve timing and lift designed for strong lowand mid-range torque
- Direct valve actuation helps ensure reliable high-rpm operability
- Thin heads and stems on valves for reduced reciprocating weight
- Fine-tuned twin Keihin CVK30 carburetors offer good power feel and low fuel consumption
Reduced mechanical noise
- Automatic adjusting cam chain tensioner eliminates mechanical noise caused by a loose cam chain and reduces power-robbing friction loss
- Eliminating mechanical noise allows the use of a freer flowing exhaust for a better performance
- Complex construction with reinforcing ribs helps eliminate airbox reverberation and reduce intake noise
- Air filter accessible from the side, for easy replacement
- 2-into-1 system contributes to the Ninja 250R's lowand mid-range torque and smooth, step-free power curve
- Slightly upswept silencer extensively tested to determine chamber size, connecting pipe length and diameter to achieve least noise and most power
- Meets strict emissions with dual catalyzers; one in the collector pipe and the other in the silencer
- Using two catalyzers minimizes the power loss
- Positioning the first catalyzer as close to the exhaust ports maximizes its efficiency as well
- Latest generation Denso radiator offers superior cooling with minimal space and weight
- Ring-fan uses a quiet-running motor that also saves space
- Fins on the lower side of the crankcase further helps cool the engine
Six-speed Transmission / Clutch
- Involute splines reduce friction and backlash between gears and shafts for easier gear meshing and smooth shifting under power
- Spring-type clutch damper reduces jerkiness at very low speeds and minimizes shocks when rolling on and off the throttle for a smoother clutch feel
- Paper-base friction plates help increase clutch durability
- Sturdy and durable diamond-style frame of thick-walled steel tubing offers confidence-inspiring stability at both high and low speeds
- Beefy swingarm bracket contributes to the frame's rigidity and helps achieve an ideal chassis stiffness balance
- Square-tube swingarm with a 60 x 30mm cross-section further adds to rigidity
- 37mm telescopic front fork with firm settings contribute to the Ninja 250R's smooth, stable handling and enhanced ride control
- UNI-TRAK® rear suspension compliments the rigid frame and provides great road holding ability
- Rear shock features 5-way adjustable preload, enabling ride height to be maintained whether riding solo or with a passenger
- Features 17” wheels like its larger supersport brothers
- Low-profile sportbike tires on wide rims contribute to its easy, neutral handling at low speeds
- Large-diameter, 290mm front petal disc and a balanced action two-piston caliper offers excellent braking performance and a natural, direct feeling at the lever
- Two-piston caliper grips the rear 220mm petal disc
- Natural riding position with slightly forward-slanting seat and wide, raised handlebars
- Styling, fit and finish of striking full-fairing bodywork match its Ninja supersport siblings
- Aggressive dual-lamp headlight design, slim tail cowl and separate seats further enhance the supersport look
- Front cowling and windscreen offer the rider a substantial amount of wind protection
- Two helmet holders conveniently located under the rear seat
- Under-seat storage can hold a U-lock or similar device
- Two hooks under the tail and the rear passenger pegs provide anchor points for securing items to the rear of the bike
- Instrument panel features an easy-to-read, large-face analog speedometer along with an analog tachometer, odometer, trip meter, fuel gauge and warning lights
- Engine Type: Four-stroke, liquid-cooled, DOHC, parallel twin
- Displacement: 249 cc
- Bore & Stroke: 62.0 x 41.2mm
- Maximum Torque: 22 Nm (2.24 kgf/m) 16.2 lb-ft/9,500 rpm
- Compression Ratio: 11.6:1
- Carburetor: Keihin CVK30 x 2
- Ignition: Digital
- Transmission: 6-Speed
- Final Drive: O-Ring Chain
- Cooling: Liquid
- Frame: Semi-double cradle, high-tensile steel
- Rake/Trail: 26 degrees / 3.2 in.
- Front Tire Size: 110/70-17
- Rear Tire Size: 130/70-17
- Wheelbase: 55.1 in.
- Front Suspension / wheel travel: 37mm hydraulic telescopic fork / 4.7 in.
- Rear Suspension / wheel travel: Bottom-Link Uni-Trak® with 5-way adjustable preload / 5.1 in.
- Front Brake Type: Single 290mm hydraulic disc with two-piston caliper
- Rear Brake: Single 220mm petal disc with two-piston caliper
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 4.8 gal.
- Seat Height: 30.5 in.
- Curb Weight: 374 lbs.
- Overall length: 82.1 in.
- Overall width: 28.1 in.
- Overall height: 43.7 in.
- Color: Metallic Diablo Black, Sunbeam Red, Candy Thunder Blue
- Warranty: 12 months
- Good Times™ Protection Plan: 12, 24, 36, 48 months